Re: [OM] IMG: Thrift Store Irony

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Thrift Store Irony
From: "john hudson" <om4t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 17:04:48 -0300
See the image at the top right of the wikipedia page.

I must have passed by the Rivelin Needle ten thousand times in my youth but
never once did I see the man up top ironing his shirt !

Must look closer next time.

jh

<signaturebeforequotedtext></signaturebeforequotedtext>
On 06/29/19 02:59 AM, ChrisB  <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It might be daft, Chris, but it takes place. My neighbour told me a couple of
> years ago that he and friends were planning to take an ironing board up Mount
> Kilimanjaro to do some mountain ironing. I couldn’t work up the interest to
> ask him later if he had done it ;-)
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_ironing
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_ironing>
>
> Chris
>

> > On 28 Jun 19, at 21:43, christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > Surely you're joking. I know that these "virtual reality" survivor shows
> > are blatantly comical, but ironing?
> >

> >> Or it could be connected to “Extreme Ironing”, Chris. An activity in
> >> which people take ironing boards to strange places to do some ironing.
> >>

> > Chris
> >
> > When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
> > - Hunter S. Thompson
>
> --

<signatureafterquotedtext></signatureafterquotedtext>