[OM] Nathan's PAD 26/6/2019: testing my new GM5

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26/6/2019: testing my new GM5
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 08:09:26 +0200
Inspired by Moose, I have been looking around for a second-hand Panasonic GM5
to serve as my cycling camera. There is nothing wrong with the GF1 I have been
using for this purpose lately, but it is 11 years old and the sensor is long in
the tooth, something that is particularly evident as soon the ISO goes above
200. The GM5 is about 5 years younger, has a much better sensor and is tiny in
comparison. They are hard to find, as apparently people hang on to them. And I
can understand why. Last week I finally found one on eBay, in Norway, and on
Wednesday it arrived in my office. I immediately unpacked the little gem and
went about testing it, of course at high ISO. My test subject were as you might
expect. Here are four test images.

My Greek colleague Eri, at ISO 1250:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-x2LRZp8/A

My usual victim Carolina, at ISO 500:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-zccjSBn/A

The decorations in my office, at ISO 3200:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-CHmg3t3/A

One of the baby cacti in my garden, at ISO 2000:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-4KR4595/A

I think the GM5 will serve me well.

Cheers,
Nathan