Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1X

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1X
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 13:31:48 -0700
On 6/13/2019 10:50 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
<>

That it does. At minimum, I'd get the E-M1 mk2 with the grip. I find
it does balance well in the hand and is resizeable for those times
when I go hiking. But the grip is the game changer and really gives
the camera a much better balance with any lens longer than, say, the
17mm pancake.

Different hands . . .

I don't want a bloody Damn vertical grip. I sure as blazes don't want one that
I can't take off and leave in a drawer.

I don't understand all this balance stuff. Right hand holds the camera body, left is on the zoom ring. With my longest, heaviest lens, the PLeica 100-400, the lens may rest on my left hand when not changing the FL? I really don't know, 'cause I just don't notice. I think that's the surest sign that all is in balance - for me.

A battery/vertical grip just adds weight, makes my arms tired faster, while it
doesn't improve anything else.

E-M1X - BAH!

Yes, the batteries in my GX9s aren't terribly long lasting, especially with focus stacking and bursts to catch moving things; that's why I have pockets and a vest.

Ranting Moose