[OM] quiet members... Was Re: Roads in Scotland

Subject: [OM] quiet members... Was Re: Roads in Scotland
From: Maggie <seaharvest@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 02:15:47 +0000
Re: ...and on that note,  has anyone heard from Brian Swale of late?

davidt
Hello all,

I still read the Digest periodically as I get it sent to my wife's computer which has a much larger mailbox than mine has.

What a coincidence - I had tried to send a posting to the group on the same day that later I see people asking where / what I'm up to. But clearly I have forgotten the posting protocols as the message from my main computer didn't get through. So hopefully this one from my wife's computer will work.

I'm comparatively fine; turned over 80 on the odometer last October. But I've lost a lot of weight due in part to recurring respiratory ailments. Am now going to the gym to try and add some more covering for my bones.

What I tried to post to you all was the news that I have bought a 2nd hand Sony A7 camera, for the extra pixels it has over my M5 and the e-series cameras I have. I now have an adapter to enable me to use OM Zuiko lenses, and the first few shots seem to indicate it was a good idea.

http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_view=dynamicalbum.UpdatesAlbum&g2_albumId=7&g2_itemId=23258

Recently an old friend who has a great photo shop (http://www.photo.co.nz) posted a couple of pictures on facebook offering 2 cameras at a discount if purchased online on facebook. One was a Sony A7. I was impressed by the specifications especially the number of pixels. It also could accept OM manual lenses, of which I have more then a few. For a full-frame digital camera, it has a small body. Here it is with a Zuiko 100/2 attached and a couple of digital cameras alongside. The 100/2 makes it a heavy combination. I have a lot to learn with this camera, and manual focusing will be a challenge for me, cataracts and all. The first few images have favourably impressed me.

http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_view=dynamicalbum.UpdatesAlbum&g2_albumId=7&g2_itemId=23261

View from the front. The central camera is the OM D E-5 I bought from Chuck Norcutt. It is my main camera these days. The A7 seems to be a very capable camera, packed with features. The instruction manual has 94 jam-packed pages. It's going to take me a while to work through it.

Not the greatest photo I've seen - taken Sept 2018. The camera is the Obsession 5? x 17 I bought some years ago.

I don't get out much any more to do the kind of landscape photography I want to, in good part to my wife developing increasing memory loss and physical instability.

Otherwise we are OK. Our house rebuilt after the 2015 fire is very nice and we are happy with it.

Best regards to all.

Brian

---