Re: [OM] Danger Will Robinson - Macbook Pro

Subject: Re: [OM] Danger Will Robinson - Macbook Pro
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 21:04:51 -0800
Spectre Moose wrote:
> The HP Spectre I use on the road, i7-7500 @ 2.7 GHz, 16 GB. It's quite fast
> for all the usual stuff and lively doing
> regular PS editing (In my case, lots of levels, masks, etc.). Screen pixels
> are a bit limiting, but not too bad.
> I use a Bluetooth mouse, so no little thingie sticking our of a USB port to
> catch on the bag.

I have this 11.1" Lenovo Yoga that is remarkable in its portability. I
really like it for travel. It's essentially a Microsoft Surface,
without the detachable keyboard. It's not a bad computer, by any
means, but the USB is too slow and when doing really intensive stuff,
the lack of active cooling will force the processor into a slow-down
mode to keep from burning the place down.

My new mouse is wired, dongled, or Bluetooth. But you lose features
and capabilities with Bluetooth. However, interestingly, the touchpad
(as well as the touchsceen) is better than the average bear.

AG Schnozz