Re: [OM] OT: Interesting Firefox Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Interesting Firefox Problem
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 07:27:39 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I know it's not perfect, but in many cases I can enter in the name just
once instead of having to make numerous entries in Windows Firewall.

     But you have brought up something that I was anxious to ask about, which
is these ipv4/6 addresses that I'm seeing more of lately.  Many of them are
from domains such as 1e100.net that I've been blocking.  With these 1pv4/6
addresses I no longer can block them using anything at my immediate disposal,
nor can I disconnect them.

>The hosts file is a local domain name query override. Basically the only
>thing that should be in there is "localhost"  127.0.0.1 (and ::1 if you
>have an ipv6 stack) and maybe, just maybe, the local machine name.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson