[OM] OT: Interesting Firefox Problem

Subject: [OM] OT: Interesting Firefox Problem
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 08:16:56 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     For months now I have been experiencing a substantial slowing when reading
webmail, due entirely to fonts.googleapis.com.  This only happens with Firefox,
not IE11.  I just now learned that newer versions of Firefox ignore the hosts
file, which answers a lot of other questions.  If you're not familiar with
that, the hosts file is your first and foremost firewall when using a Microsoft
OS.  That answers the question as to why intruders like cloudfront and 1e100
come screaming through even though I have them in the hosts file.

     Searching online, Mozilla does not seem to be the least bit concerned with
the issue.  That being the case, Firefox has become a liability and I may find
myself going back to IE11 solely on the basis of the security issue.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson