Re: [OM] IMG: Other Airport Scenes

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Other Airport Scenes
From: "john hudson" <om4t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 20:00:35 -0300
Here is a colourful ride :

https://tinyurl.com/y5qw5eeh

Taken at Royal Roads Military College, Victoria, BC in the summer of 1994

Taken with a bug-eyes 135 / 2.8 on an M5.

Each rider baled out at high altitude, did some twists, turns and tumbles on
the way down, got co-ordinated as seen. Six feet hit the ground at exactly the
same moment all within a ten foot square piece of parade ground.Quite amazing.

jh

<signaturebeforequotedtext></signaturebeforequotedtext>
On 04/27/19 06:41 PM, Jim Nichols  <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On a nice, sunny Saturday afternoon, there are a lot of things going on
> at the airport. Despite what the EXIF data may say, these were shot
> with a 200 mm Pentax Takumar, set up to see how it would work from a
> distance on my monopod.
>
> After hauling two loads of jumpers to jump altitude, normally around
> 14,000 ft, the Twin Otter was ready for some fuel. The Saturday crew
> responded, using the Jet-A truck.
>
> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190427-DSCF1117.JPG.html
>
> I had difficulty keeping the jumpers in the frame, but got reasonable
> detail. They move faster than one thinks when watching from a distance.
>
> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190427-DSCF1091.JPG.html
>
> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190427-DSCF1053.JPG.html
>
> The foreshortening caused by the long lens makes them appear a lot
> closer together than they were in reality.
>
> --
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> --

<signatureafterquotedtext></signatureafterquotedtext>