[OM] IMG: Other Airport Scenes

Subject: [OM] IMG: Other Airport Scenes
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 16:41:28 -0500
On a nice, sunny Saturday afternoon, there are a lot of things going on at the airport.  Despite what the EXIF data may say, these were shot with a 200 mm Pentax Takumar, set up to see how it would work from a distance on my monopod.

After hauling two loads of jumpers to jump altitude, normally around 14,000 ft, the Twin Otter was ready for some fuel.  The Saturday crew responded, using the Jet-A truck.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190427-DSCF1117.JPG.html

I had difficulty keeping the jumpers in the frame, but got reasonable detail.  They move faster than one thinks when watching from a distance.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190427-DSCF1091.JPG.html

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190427-DSCF1053.JPG.html

The foreshortening caused by the long lens makes them appear a lot closer together than they were in reality.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA