[OM] Stereoscopic Filming

Subject: [OM] Stereoscopic Filming
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 20:00:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Some time ago I asked about television filming that had a sort of 3D
effect.  Right now I'm watching the 1953 Vincent Price movie "House of Wax",
and I'm seeing the same effect.  This was the first color 3-D feature from a
major American studio, and used a process called "Natural Vision".  It used a
very interesting camera, only one of which still exists

https://files.tested.com/photos/2013/06/18/49046-natural_vision.jpg

     This stereoscopic filming technique is something that I would not mind
seeing more often in movies and television.  It provides a degree of depth that
makes the scenes much more realistic and does not require those blue and red
glasses.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson