Re: [OM] PANO : Three cardinal points and as many photographers - Chris

Subject: Re: [OM] PANO : Three cardinal points and as many photographers - Chris B
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 19:00:43 +0100
Saves times, and I can then rush to the local pub for me pint of brown ale ;-)

More seriously, I’ve found using bursts better than pressing the trigger again
and again as it allows for more concentration on the « swing ». The downside is
that sometimes you mis-estimate the number of shots required to cover the
scene/angle (this is a pain in the beep with on board panos btw), and have to
wait as a frozen statue for the buffer to clear up before resuming the pan. Of
course it depends on the burst setting (hi-low) and the card velocity (in that
instance it was an African swallow's ;-).

This pano I think I remember, was taken in three bursts at high speed.

My technique wouldn’t work as well if I wanted to shoot both a pano and HDR
(read bracketting). Just thinking of this. Must try some day :-)
Should it not work, a tripod would be a must have as stated by Jan.

Amities

Philippe