Re: [OM] Enhance Details

Subject: Re: [OM] Enhance Details
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:17:26 -0800
On 2/13/2019 6:52 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
There appears to be quite an improvement in the tile roof at the right. I
wonder how it differs from Focus Magic?

Just did a quick test on the posted JPEG. Focus Magic fairly easily matches the enhanced detail, but doesn't help the moire on the big tile roof. LR Enhancement does a great job with the moire.

Since I'm still happily running Windows 7, I'll never know.

Same here. I have Win10 on my portable, and can't say I much like it. I not only prefer 7, but use its virtual machine capability to run a package I may still need for support of software I developed long ago. So 7 stays on the desktop.

I suppose I will apply the update on the portable. Then if I have the occasional moire problem I could do that file on the portable. Not sure how well it will work, with the limited GPU on that machine, though.

I'd like to see the Raw file for that example, to see how DxO works with it. It generally seems to a better job with moire than ACR.

Watered Silk Moose