Re: [OM] Lord Love a Duck! [was Doing Things the Old Way]

Subject: Re: [OM] Lord Love a Duck! [was Doing Things the Old Way]
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 00:32:51 -0600
Moose, in my previous life, I managed large, multi-million dollar government plants which, by government decree, were operated and maintained according to formal written procedures.  I had to be familiar enough with all of the functions in order to catch any final mistakes in those procedures and add the approving signature.  Hence, I'm procedure, or work-flow oriented.  I have an inherent distrust of using someone else's cobbled-up automated process.

That's not to say it isn't right for you.  If you are happy with that approach, go for it.

I realize that, with your travels, you have much more inclination to record location, and other exif data, and that makes sense. Date, time, camera, lens and subject matter work fine for me.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA