Re: [OM] IMG: Mystery Car

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Mystery Car
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 16:14:41 -0800
On 1/28/2019 9:24 AM, Bill Pearce wrote:
In 1952, British roadsters were a thing in the USA. And it was easy to import
then, as all you had to do was get it here and buy a tag. I knew several guys
that went over there, found a decent used car (That meant not totally rust),
had it shipped here, and took it home. And let's be honest, British cars never
rusted as much as German and Italian cars of the period. Bet most of them are
gone now. Used to see the occasional RHD car on a sunny Sunday afternoon, but
hardly ever now.

When Carol first came West from New England, she thought she'd entered a car museum. Calif. uses no salt, anywhere, and has no ice or snow in huge parts. Cars basically never rust out.

There's still attrition from other causes, but I think most of the lack of regular appearances here are due to the high value of some and the cost and trouble of maintenance. There are still '50s cars on the road, but not many.

No Salt Moose