Re: [OM] Arsenal - AI assisted camera controller

Subject: Re: [OM] Arsenal - AI assisted camera controller
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 23:47:27 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<MikeG is our resident expert, in love with the promise, disappointed by the
actual operation, at this point in its development, at least.

<<I'm sure he'll weigh in, but save your pennies 'til then.

I waited months and months for it to arrive and sadly sent it back. At least
Philip's brain doesn't require being placed in the freezer for firmware update
(heat management issues).
Kinda sorta works on an A9 but a fussy fussy fancy remote that doesn't do it
for me for A7RIII. I can't see really using it in the field unless I had a ton
of time.  It will NOT yet put a DNG on the cam's sd card.  I don't want a jpeg
on my phone as the only output.  Stacking not working on
my cam either but I really wanted it just to replace the Smooth Reflections app
that I adored.  Every try a mean stack in PS of 256 shots?  A couple grey hairs
developed in the wait.  SR would delete the intermediate files and provide a
true raw. I would wait at least 6mos for more bug squashing and perhaps some
hardware changes.  Great concept,but not really doing the job as advertised
yet. I hope it gets there and would then gladly pay full price.
The AI stuff to pick settings doesn't appeal to me.  I choose to make my own
decisions and mistakes after all these years.
Sonnie is waay behind the eight ball with stacking and intervalometer etc.

There is a new cheap app under development--guy develops IOS apps for another
company and does this on the side so still some bugs--improving quickly and
short money:

 https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/camrote/id1408732788?ls=1&mt=8

He is an IOS developer so no android version.

Some FMer's  bought one of the MIOPS thingies if you need a polished product
now.

Close but not ready for prime time,  Mike