Re: [OM] IMG: For Younger Eyes

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: For Younger Eyes
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 14:01:36 -0600
Hi Philippe,

Yes, it has been frequently used, until decent film processing disappeared because everyone was shooting digital.  I bought it used 40 yrs ago, and my son and I have both shot many images with it.

I will take credit for the image, though, taken with an early 5MP sensor and processed with state of the art software.  The kitchen counter and lights are my studio.

Leica purists may note two discrepancies.  The external VF is not Leica, but one I bought after my Leica multi-lens finder developed an element separation.  And, the shutter release is not native to the IIIf.  It was originally on my first Leica, a III/IIIa from 1935, where it was offered as an alternate to the usual small, knurled thread cover.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA