Re: [OM] 25MM LENS CHOICE

Subject: Re: [OM] 25MM LENS CHOICE
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 06:25:57 -0700
At 1/8/2019 05:11 PM, Mike Gordon wrote:
>Curiously to get excellent performance and very fast for MFT  in the middle
>focal lengths the lens size and expense usually go up dramatically so
>advantage over FF  narrows or reverses.
>
>For example the CV 40/1.2 for Sonnie is quite sharp wide open, provides exif
>and even has a distance encoder to provide focusing distance to cam to enable
>5 xis IS.  It is very sharp stopped down for
>landscapes and have substantial dof control for environmental portraits.  It
>is a pleasure to handle---I enjoy using that lens.

This looks like an interesting lens, especially with EXIF connection.
https://phillipreeve.net/blog/voigtlander-40mm-f1-2-nokton-aspherical-rolling-review/

Does anyone have any experience with any other Voigtlander lenses? The make one
of the widest FE mount: 10/5.6 as well as 12/5.6, 15/4.5 ... and others. The 40
is quite expensive.

WayneS