[OM] Nathan's PAD 21/12/2018: why I always have a camera on me

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/12/2018: why I always have a camera on me
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 08:27:59 +0100
In our household, I am the one who cooks. But on Fridays we often have pizza
instead, from a nice little pizzeria just 100 m down the street. I usually walk
down there, order my pizzas and have a beer while I wait. And so it was last
night. Except that something nice happened while I was waiting.

Two older men came up to the counter to pay their bill (this is often done in
less formal restaurants here, rather than paying at the table):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-DHb396R/A

As sometimes happens as well, they were given a chupito. They posed with the
bottle:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-fL3KgXN/A

And then one of them picked up a tray to use as a drum and they began to sing
some traditional song (I did not listen for the lyrics):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-7Fw8tfn/A

The pizza lady certainly appreciated it:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-GqxHfCR/A

And they were happy to be photographed:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-DV3hQL7/A

The song finished and the chupitos drunk, they left. I got our two pizzas and
walked home with these images in my mind and in my camera (the little Ricoh GR
in my pocket in this case). At home, we ate the pizza, I drank some beer for
the first time since Sunday and watched Liverpool beat Wolverhampton 2-0 to
remain unbeaten in the Premier League. An excellent Friday evening, all around.

Happy Solstice,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain