Re: [OM] Olympus 18mm/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 18mm/3.5
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 09:48:25 -0800
> From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> It would be interesting to see how the Metabones Speedbooster Ultra likes
>> it.....
>
> I'm not filing the little metal thing off of my lenses

If you're not comfortable with that, so be it. But it is not that challenging,
if you are even a little bit handy.

I filed the one off my 90/2, which was considerable work, not the least was
taping the thing up so metal filings didn't get into the lens.

I had an epiphany with the 21/2. I grabbed it with some needle-nose pliers, and
gently twisted. It is only held on by a couple spot welds, and the whole thing
came off like opening a sardine can! Done in ten seconds. I highly recommend
this method, rather than filing.

Jan