Re: [OM] Anchorage Earthquakes

Subject: Re: [OM] Anchorage Earthquakes
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 15:03:51 -0900
> Ken, I'm thinking of you and yours, trusting that you guys are OK as well as
> everyone else affected by this tragedy.  Bill Barber

Thank you. Here is an update:

1. Power came on a little while ago.

2. House five down from us caught on fire when the power came on.
Stove had debris on it and the burner was left on.

3. The Epicenter is less than 10 miles from the house.

4. Aftershocks are quite the ride. The first two knocked down a bunch
more stuff.

5. My office is currently flooded from broken pipes. We went under the
desks and tables when the ceilings came down. And then immediately
vacated. I took a few seconds to grab my computer bag that I had with
me, grabbed my coat and joined everybody else outside. There is 2-3
inches of water on the floor around my desk.

6. All Zuikos and OMs look to have survived. I haven't gotten to that
room yet. The TV, stereo, dishes, most furniture, etc., got damaged or
destroyed. Nothing is above waist height.

7. No known deaths so far. And the communications network (at least my
company) is fully functional. We did get a lot of damage, but
everything survived. But the highways and bridges are affected.

8. Insurance companies are telling ALL customers that they have no
earthquake coverage regardless of whether they do or not.

9. Did I mention the aftershocks? I think we're experience more
continuous movement than stillness. The leaves on the houseplants are
in motion most of the time.

10. There are cracks in the yard. We're closer to the river now. Looks
like the house moved a bit. There are gaps in the soil all around the
house.

Ken

9.