Re: [OM] OT: Facebook Failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Facebook Failure
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 18:34:28 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     A bit nightmarish, but very believable given the complexities of telecomm.
 It explains why some of the dysfuntional servers I've seen in the TCP monitor
have been in Atlanta and LaGuardia.  That "windstream.net" outfit between
Earthlink and Facebook must be leasing carrier space everywhere.  Using my
TCPView software and the tracert routine have narrowed things down to them
being the most likely culprit in the outages.  But, I cannot find out much
about them.

>> I believe you, but the problems seem to be confined to N America.
>
>These days it has less to do with geography than where the ISPs meet
>up with the meetpoints are. And those are constantly changing. I would
>love to give you a specific example, of which I'm rather proud of, but
>I can't. But I'll illustrate by proxy:

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson