[OM] OT: Facebook Failure

Subject: [OM] OT: Facebook Failure
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 11:38:54 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Judging from the complaints from all over, Facebook is in its death
throes.  There is no connectivity through a couple of servers in the
Dallas/Fort Worth area.  So, I cannot use Facebook to keep in touch with
friends and relatives over the holidays.  I'm therefore nicknaming Facebook as
Grinchbook.

     This system failure began about 3-4 weeks ago with partial or scrambled
downloads.  Then it went to 8M+ downloads with just a blank screen.  Then it
was no connections possible.  The system was shut down briefly on Sunday and
rebooted, but it failed again on Monday.  Since then, it's been bouncing off
the bottem every 8 hours or so.  It has become unusable, and not just here in
Phoenix.

     The ISPs for the offending servers are 157.240.19.26 and 31.13.93.35.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson