Re: [OM] Soligor Slide Duplicator

Subject: Re: [OM] Soligor Slide Duplicator
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 10:45:58 -0800
I wouldn't expect much of these, certainly not $99.99 worth.

I had one once and quickly got rid of it. I think mine was branded "Spiratone,"
but it looked identical.

I recommend the "Moose Method" of a decent macro lens, small light table, and
tripod (or dup stand, in his case).

You can find the excellent (but slow) OM Zuiko 50mm f3.5 macro lens for well
under the price of this duplicator, and hey... IT has an OM mount on it, too! I
absolutely loved mine, until I became enamoured of f2.0 glass. I think you can
score the even better OM Zuiko 50mm f2.0 macro for a bit more than double the
price of this duplicator.

Jan