Re: [OM] OT : Californians' first hand advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] OT : Californians' first hand advice needed
From: john hudson <om4t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 17:29:21 -0400
The Smithsonian tv channel carried a documentary about Anchorage this afternoon.

A February highlight looked to be the Running with the Reindeer event in
downtown Anchorage ............... Alaska's answer to the Running of the Bulls
in Pamplona, Spain and about as nerve racking for the contestants. Despite
being a shade on the chilly side many of the contestants dressed up in
costumes, some very skinny, which would have looked very much in place in New
Orleans for Mardi Gras !

Images of Anchorage from the top of Flattop Mountain were stunning
...................... an easy day hike was implied.

jh