[OM] OT: Big Surprise

Subject: [OM] OT: Big Surprise
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 15:58:15 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     You never know when or where your next life surprise will come from.  I've
been in touch with a friend from y first high school for a few years.  He and
others are trying to put together a 50-year reunion, which few seem to be
interested in.  A number of weeks ago I asked if he knew who had passed away,
out of a mild morbid interest.  He came up with a list, together with the few
causes that were known.  Amongst them was a fellow who I remembered as being
sociable instead of being a typical jerk.  All that was known was that he got
sick at home, was taken to the Hershey Medical Center, and shortly afterwards
died.

     We now know that he died of Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease, otherwise known as
Mad Cow Disease.  There was no funeral, instead he was quickly wrapped up,
sealed, and cremated.

     I'm still reeling from learning this.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson