Re: [OM] Spiratone Slide Copier

Subject: Re: [OM] Spiratone Slide Copier
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 09:59:26 +0800

On 18/10/17 7:16, Moose wrote:
On 10/16/2018 1:04 PM, Jan Steinman wrote:

I also found that the IR dust removal softened the images somewhat,
meaning you still had to post-process them.

I didn't find that with my Canon FS-4000 and VueScan. IR cleaning didn't
soften overall, that I saw. Multiple passes could wring a tiny bit more
resolution, at least out of CN films. I've not heard before about Nikon
and IR softening. NikonSoft software?

Nikon IR will slightly soften the pixels with Nikonscan but not a big deal. The major issue of Nikon scanner is flare, you are not able to fix it with post. DOF is also a issue, it require good film flatness to get edge to edge sharpness.

I'm now very happy with the setup of Sony A7 II, OM 80mm macro and FL-50 flash.

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/WP_20181017_RT.jpg

Dusting is not a big issue as copying is much less dust sensitive than film scan. I won't do extensive cleaning for an image until I need it for something.

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/WP_20181017_RT.jpg

C.H.Ling