Re: [OM] Spiratone Slide Copier

Subject: Re: [OM] Spiratone Slide Copier
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 19:16:29 -0400
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

Sometimes, Jan, you are a bit silly. :-)
That's a FEATURE, not a bug! :-)

OK, I'll buy that. :-D

Good points all, regarding using the Macrophoto Stand (which I don't have so
I'm not used to thinking of it), and for using a scanner with an IR channel.
(Does anyone but Nikon do this?)

Canon and Minolta, in the old days. High end ones today, I believe.

I scanned all my slides with a Nikon LS-4000 long ago, and then sold it. So my
slide scanning use is more occasional.

I also found that the IR dust removal softened the images somewhat, meaning you
still had to post-process them.

I didn't find that with my Canon FS-4000 and VueScan. IR cleaning didn't soften overall, that I saw. Multiple passes could wring a tiny bit more resolution, at least out of CN films. I've not heard before about Nikon and IR softening. NikonSoft software?

D.P.I. Moose