Re: [OM] Climate Change

Subject: Re: [OM] Climate Change
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 10:55:44 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I'm presently reading "Too Much Magic" by J.H. Kunstler.  This book goes
into far more detail than his earlier "The Long Emergency", and justifiably as
much has happened since the earlier work.

     Remember the great housing bust back in 2008?  The federal government
"solved" it by buying up the worthless defaulted mortages.  Guess how much that
cost?  Try $7.7 trillion.  Yes, trillion.  That's a thousand billion, or a
million million.  To put it in perspective, it's a football field covered in
$100 bills six feet deep.  And we, the taxpayers, still have to service that
debt for bloody ever.

>What a waste of time, energy, resource, and bad feelings in the community.
>
>Will future generations curse us because they don't have a regulation ball
>field, or will they thank us because they can eat? Ken thinks we will
>adapt. I'm not so sure. The dinosaurs probably thought so, too.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson