Re: [OM] Climate Change

Subject: Re: [OM] Climate Change
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 06:38:47 +0100
I took it as irony, Jan.

In the TV programme that I watched (in part, it was too depressing to watch
continuously) there are shearwater chicks fledging on an island in the Tasman
sea that cannot swim because of the weight of plastic in their gut.  There are
three rafts of plastic in the oceans, I understand: the one in the Pacific is
three times the size of France.

We are eating plastic, now that it’s in the food chain (or soon will be);
animals from turtles to whales are living horrible lives entangled in plastic.
It goes on . . .

Chris