Re: [OM] Climate Change

Subject: Re: [OM] Climate Change
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 10:01:46 -0400
On 10/3/2018 5:24 PM, ChrisB wrote:
I wonder what Chuck would have made of this report in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/24/americas-era-of-climate-mass-migration-is-here?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"This enormous migration will probably take place over a longer period than the
Dustbowl  . . ."

I wonder if there is any meaningful basis for this idea, or might it simply be wishful thinking. A great many processes in nature reach a tipping point where they switch from gradual to rapid. A point could occur where all the ice suddenly slips into the seas in a matter of days or weeks.

This would, of course, be catastrophic, so no one wants to imagine it. It's far, far beyond anything our mental and political processes are capable of dealing with in advance in any useful way. Doesn't mean it won't happen for sure.

Moose on High Ground