Re: [OM] new build

Subject: Re: [OM] new build
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 18:49:21 +0930
Mike,

One gotcha... I reckon this mobo and CPU combination will need a
separate graphics card (and won't work with the onboard video sockets).
Most of the AMD processors have Radeon GPUs onboard.  The Ryzen CPUs
have a with/without option to suit the requirements of the user.

I think the 'E' option (e.g. 2600E) option Ryzen processor is the one
you will need to use the onboard graphics hardware. If you were planning
to upgrade to something high end, you can likely get a basic PCI-E video
card in the  $20 range to get you going in the short term.

Another gotcha with this range is the cooler (heatsink/fan). The
without-GPU ones usually come with an adequate cooler, but it looks like
the with-GPU ones need a separate cooler solution purchased (if you go
down this path, I'd suggest something quiet e.g. Noctua (in my opinion,
liquid cooling is just silly!).

Hope this is of use,
davidt