Re: [OM] A.I. Gigapixel Test

Subject: Re: [OM] A.I. Gigapixel Test
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 11:45:44 -0700
On 9/11/2018 11:00 AM, Jez Cunningham wrote:
Many thanks for the feedback.  I'm currently running a 5-yr-old laptop with
an i5-3317U and only 8GB.  Intel HD Graphics 4000.  If I open a picture
from LR to edit in PS it frequently can't open PS quickly enough to
convince LR that it exists!

May be a memory problem as much as CPU/GPU. If the OS has to use the swap file, things get slow. Neither LR nor PS has a small RAM footprint. That's one reason I use FastStone as my primary browser.

I built my desktop with 16 GB, and that was fine. I was careful to use only two sticks, so I had two empty slots, and upgraded later to 32 GB when memory got cheaper. Not sure how much that helped PS directly, but it made the computer overall more responsive when running lots of stuff.

Looking forward to getting up-to-date...

It's fun . . .

Memory Moose