Re: [OM] A.I. Gigapixel Test

Subject: Re: [OM] A.I. Gigapixel Test
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 10:24:06 -0700
On 9/11/2018 5:45 AM, Jez Cunningham wrote:
Hi - I'm in the process of convincing SWMBO that I need a new Windows PC
with appropriate hardware to run LR and (sometimes) PS.  Some reviews of
low-end graphics cards show that embedded Intel graphic solutions (in
Coffee Lake i5 and i7) perform better than a discrete card so I'm very
interested in your findings so I can put the limited funds to the right
area. Please keep us informed!

My PS has an i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs) withIntel HD Graphics 4600 and 32 MB of RAM. That was top of the line, but it's now five year old stuff, it has run LR and PS just fine, and I use PS a LOT.

I don't think you need to worry about a current Intel integrated GPU at all for
LR/PS.

It does seem that my new card speeds up blending of lots of layers in processing focus stacks quite a bit. And, in effect, it increases effective RAM, by not sharing system RAM.

Cee or Gee Moose

Thanks, Jez