Re: [OM] IMG: Black & White

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Black & White
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 20:31:19 +0200
Normally I agree with your "moosing" but this time I prefer Jim's original version

IanW - still listening in when i have a moment

On 21.08.18 23:59, Moose wrote:
On 8/20/2018 1:21 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
I can't satisfy everyone, Moose.

Sure you can; I love the color original!

If I were to convert it to monochrome, I would do it differently. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Nichols/Pretty_Face.htm>

To my taste, the SEfxP2 version you show isn't very attractive. It brightens the background while darkening the foreground. That tends to pull my eye to the background. The playground of light tones upon which the bee plays in the color becomes drab and doesn't pull my eye into the interplay of flower and bee.