[OM] OT: Laptop Combat

Subject: [OM] OT: Laptop Combat
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 09:25:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     The arch-enemies of the internet, cloudfront.net (Amazon) and 1e100.net
(Google), have upped their intrusions lately, starting about a month ago.  I
first noticed this when my dialup connection became excruciatingly slow, which
gave me good reason to go about blocking IP addresses once again.  This was
fairly simple with WinXP, using the third party PeerGuardian software, but no
version is available for Win7.  So, I had to sort out how to accomplish the
same thing with the Win7 Windows Firewall, which thankfully turned out to be
quite simple.

     Seeing these two cyber villains come crashing through in the coffee shop
wifi is very disturbing.  Until now, the provider (19CL?) was very good at
blocking this garbage, but they seem to have surrendered, putting all users at
risk.

     Seems that there's no safe place to hide.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson