Re: [OM] You don't get this in Iowa

Subject: Re: [OM] You don't get this in Iowa
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 10:28:36 -0800
> I like smoked salmon, but I have no idea what I would do with several pounds
> of it. It is like Iberian ham, something I enjoy in modest quantities. I
> guess I would give most of it away.

I'm pretty much the opposite. I could eat it just about every day. My
last meal request would be for smoked salmon. However, I will admit
that not all smoked salmon is created equal. And there is a
significant difference between the salmon caught in blue water, vs.,
the lower stretches of a river and the upper stretches of a river.
This particular batch of King is from the Yukon River, so it's even
richer and oilier than normal. And, of course, they are half rotted
before they are cured so the texture is a little different. It's an
acquired taste, I guess.

My wife won't touch it. But she's happy for me.

AK Schnozz