Re: [OM] I need more macro equipment?

Subject: Re: [OM] I need more macro equipment?
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 06:39:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I posted those offerings.  The bellows and slide copier have been pretty
expensive in the past, and those looked to be in good condition.  The rule of
thumb is to by equipment and parts when they are available at reasonable
prices.  If you buy them when you need them you could end up spending far more
money and also waste valueable time and opportunities.

>Someone recently mentioned a couple of offerings of OM bellows on ebay, so
>I did an esnipe bid on one of them and, for the princely sum of $26, plus
>S/H, got a very decent bellows and, for what it's worth, slide copying
>attachment.  No immediate needs for them, but, hey, bottom feeders can at
>least view the purchase as a source for replacement plastic dovetail
>guides, if nothing else.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson