Re: [OM] Stolen Airliner

Subject: Re: [OM] Stolen Airliner
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 09:26:20 -0800
I listened to the entire released communication with ATC. (there are
two parts, you have to dig to find the second one). ATC was amazing.
He was able to develop a good banter with the guy. There were a couple
of times that I thought that he could have convinced him to land, but
it was obvious that the mind was made up and he had already made peace
with his decision and that it would end with a crashed airplane.
Fortunately, the guy didn't want to hurt anyone else and felt bad
about messing stuff up at Sea-Tac.

Knowing how it ended made for a sad listening of the communication,
but the guy had a sense of humor. Evidently he puked when he did the
barrel roll.

I hope that it comes out that he had a terminal illness or something
and he wanted to go out on his own terms.

AG Schnozz