Re: [OM] Clearing Weather - Eagle River Valley

Subject: Re: [OM] Clearing Weather - Eagle River Valley
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 21:38:31 -0700
On 7/31/2018 4:58 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Moose wrote:
I'm sold! That sounds like loads of fun.
Getting the mail as survival ordeal . . .
LOL, it's usually the MOOSE that guard the mailboxes. They can be
mean. And stubborn.

I've heard that. :-)
Did you see my links in the other post about the AC Cobra that got
ripped into by a bear?

Didn't look as the description seemed to say it all - and I didn't want to look at carnage. Used to have one of those just up the hill, Cobra.

Honestly, we don't have as big of a problem with bears ripping into
cars because we aggressively euthanize them. If the bear expresses
little or no fear of humans, they're killed right away. Relocation
doesn't work because they either make their way back or will attack
someone else in that local that is unsuspecting of problem bear
getting dumped where they are at. Down south (lower-48), bears are
those cuddly things that the tree-huggers think are so wonderful

There's another big difference in most of the Lower 48. The bears here, other than Grizzlys, are not interested in killing people. They'll knock us over and walk over us, if necessary, but almost never attack with intent to injure. With the relatively low danger to  humans, even places with big problems like Yosemite have three strikes rules, two relos, then the chop.

They are also just not that big in some areas. My snarky comment about killing cubs led the Maine hunter with a pelt on his wall to assure me that it was an adult he shot with an arrow. I dunno . . .

and
it's humans that need to be killed instead. That's why you'll get the
same problem bear in Montana getting relocated over and over and over
again.

With the relatively low danger to  humans, even places with big problems like Yosemite have three strikes rules, two relos, then the chop.

Barely Moose