Re: [OM] Up up and away

Subject: Re: [OM] Up up and away
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 21:12:23 -0500
I suspect that one of the problems with seeing the DA20 is that it has few flat surfaces.  Nearly every part is rounded or curved so there are few surfaces that reflect the sunlight.  The fin is flat, but it is shaded by the horizontal stabilizer so it doesn't catch much light.  And, they are usually painted very light colors.

Kind of stupid for an airplane that spends much of its life in the traffic pattern.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA