[OM] Oldish aircraft with photographic opportunities

Subject: [OM] Oldish aircraft with photographic opportunities
From: Brian Gray via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 21:15:34 +0100
Cc: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hello
Anyone liking such things and with or without a camera, who is in the UK
near London, might enjoy a visit to the deHavilland Museum beside the M25
motorway near St Albans. Enthusiasts have various products of the company
on display complete, or in various stages of reconstruction, or even parts
as dug out of the ground after crashes.   An autogyro, several Mosquitos,
Comet 1 and BAe 146 fuselages, and Sea Vixen amongst others.   When I
visited today, the guide in the hangar with several Vampires was an ex RAF
pilot who had flown in them and had a higher opinion of them has our ChrisB
(if my memory serves me correctly!).
They brought back many memories from younger years but there was not enough
time to take many photos with my EM5 in a brief visit. More details
available at www.dehavillandmuseum.co.uk .
Brian