Re: [OM] A Taildragger Once Again

Subject: Re: [OM] A Taildragger Once Again
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 16:52:56 -0400 (EDT)
Wow! growing up in Wichita, I have become familiar with the model 18. I have
always considered the tricycle gear conversion and the turbine conversion as to
make for an ugly AC. And did you know that Beech purchased the design and STC
for the tri gear conversion from the company that developed it and sold it? The
last few years of production were generally tri gear versions. Beech was good
at squeezing the last few drops of blood out of the old design stone. But, and
this is good news, they haven't bought the PT6 conversion for the bonanza. I've
seen one in the flesh, and talk about ugly!

But I've never seen or heard of a conversion to conventional tail. the question
crying out for an answer is WHY?? Looks like someone took a tail of a King Air
90 and hooked it on the back. Maybe a cheap repair for excessive hanger rash?