Re: [OM] OT: Alaskan Aitplane Crash

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Alaskan Aitplane Crash
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:31:19 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I seriously doubt it.  The wreckage appears to be salvageable for parts,
but nothing more than that.

     I saw in the history that this aircraft was originally delivered to the US
Army in 1957.  I might have seen it back then.  We were at HQ 1st US Army back
then which was on Governor's Island in New York harbour.  THe airfield was
grass and there were quite a few DeHaviland Beavers and Otters, plus a few of
those God-awful CH-37A (Sikorsky S-56) helicopters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_CH-37_Mojave

     There are a couple of these down at the Pima Air Museum in Tucson, next
door to Davis-Monthan AFB (aka Davis Mothballs).

>Thanks for the history, Chris.  Quite interesting.  Do you think it will
>be resurrected again?
>
>>       That DeHaviland DHC-3 Otter that crashed near Ketchikan yesterday
>>has a pretty extensive history:
>>
>> http://www.dhc-3archive.com/DHC-3_225.html

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson