Re: [OM] T-10 Ring Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] T-10 Ring Flash
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 23:44:19 -0700
On 7/8/2018 2:37 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
      After a few years of on-and-off searching, I finally have a T-10 ring
flash.  I've used the Vivitar ring flash a few times, but I did not like all of
that weight at the end of the lens.  With the bulk of the weight in the power
control unit that mounts on the flash shoe, this should be more comfortable.

Glad you found it.

Oly did a really outstanding job with the whole range of macro gear they produced. Everything is well thought out, well designed and well built.

The only part that seems to me really outdated is all the continuous trans-illumination lighting, which is easily replaced, with improvement, with a mini light table.

I'm afraid I have to admit that my Oly macro flash gear remains in the drawer, in favor of an LCD ring light. With continuous lighting and live view mirrorless, it's just easier to get everything right the first time.

One Shot Moose