Re: [OM] New Digs

Subject: Re: [OM] New Digs
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 07:40:02 -0700
> From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> The last line of the website page reads:/
>
> "It is not my intention to annoy anyone with this electronic
> communication, which is now a Federal Crime under HR 3402, signed into
> law by George W. Bush on 5 January 2006."
>
> Do the prognostications of IQ43 extend to Canada and create a "Federal
> Crime" in the Great White North :-)

HA! Shows how often I update that site...

It was the second GWB (s)election that sent me north. Boy, am I glad I did it
when I did!

But soon after arriving, the Dark Years started, and I am officially a second
class citizen, subject to stripping of my citizenship and expulsion, arrest,
and even torture (well, "rendition" to an allied country that allows torture)
should I take "disloyal" actions. This, under Bill C51, signed into law by
Stephen Harper with the assent of the current governing Liberal Party.

At least at this point, it appears that I can avoid that at the last minute by
officially revoking my US Citizenship, as Canada is party to a UN convention
that says you cannot make a person "stateless." So Bill C51 only applies to
people with two or more passports. (Of course, it was targeted toward people
with two passports who have arabic names and brown skin, so I'm alright, right?
Right?)

It's lookin' the same all over the world these days...

An I gots no obligatory photos to show on that somber note...

(Nothing in the above should we taken as either annoyance or disloyalty to any
person or government, past or present, factual or fictional...)

Jan