[OM] New Digs

Subject: [OM] New Digs
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 21:04:23 -0800
Well, we've got mostly settled into the Zuiko Storage Facility and
B&B. It's never official until the Internet and Cable are activated.
Of course, this location is served by the most amazing ISP/Cable
company around, so it means that all I had to do was take my existing
modem and set-top box over to the new location and plug it in.
Bruhahahaha... No waiting for the cable guy to come and track mud all
through the house.

It turns out that I can see up the valley and I have a clear view of
the Eagle Glacier literally from my pillow. Gotta like that. We can
also hear the river and the waterfall from here too. While we don't
have quite the same perfect view that we had before, it's different
and much more varied and interesting. The forest is also quite
photogenic. This is a lot like camping, only with a much more
comfortable bed. Heard a bald eagle this morning.

It was the perfect summer day here in Anchorage. About 75 degrees,
scattered clouds, dry, slight breeze and low humidity. I can get used
to this. But in a few weeks, we'll be back looking at snow in the
forecast and the sunset will occur earlier and earlier.

There is a hiking path that goes down to the river. Had it not been
for TV/Internet stuff, I would have grabbed the bear spray and walked
it tonight. Granted, it's still early (9 PM) and it won't get dark for
a few more weeks, I'm beat from moving furniture.

I think pretty much everybody in Anchorage has a cabin someplace. This
house doubles as our cabin...

AK Schnozz