Re: [OM] Informal Portrait Help

Subject: Re: [OM] Informal Portrait Help
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 16:17:35 -0700
Matte Moose writes:

<<It does a pretty good job of making portraits attractive. Using Shine alone, it's 100%
setting isn't quite as nice on the face as a whole as ShineOff @ 50%, but not bad. I couldn't
find a way to extend the face boundary rectangle, <<so his neck remains unaffected.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Shine%20Off/_A003923crShineOff.htm>

Excellent comparison--deserves at least a 4/5 lens cap rating.

Thanks!

Very few posts could surpass the definitive treatise post on options in lens
distortion correction, however  in 9/2016.

Even Ctein thought it was excellent.

Shine off seems to be a must have.  ON1 portrait 10 seemed to do a fair job of
softening some harsh lines, if that is what is desired.

That is just the default settings, other than increasing the anti-shine slider. There are quite a few adjustments that may be made, to increase or decrease the various aspects of 'beautifying'.

One might have also faded some of the solar ("senile") lentigines a bit more
depending on the effect desired.

Sure. But my goal with this fellow was to show a face that's been through a lot of life and weather. The ON1 Portrait started out as just a test to see how it handled shine.

I am getting ShineOff.  Some don't seem to mind specular highlights on the
forehead--  witness Dr. Ralph Stanley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XVbEsf-kfk

Is his little light the brightly shining forehead, or the seriously grumpy face?? If the latter, I'll thank him not to shine on me. ;-)

Blushing Moose