Re: [OM] Informal Portrait Help

Subject: Re: [OM] Informal Portrait Help
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 14:49:54 -0700
Powder Puff Moose writes:

<<Another little tool to make life easier, Imadio ShineOff.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Shine%20Off/_A003923crShineOff.htm>
<<Code Sum2018 gets 30% off their products through July 5th.

Hey PP, thanks for the heads up and code!--that is a common issue.  To handle
similar issues  currently cut the highlights in a layer and have to do some
cloning in areas where the highlights washed out the color.

Indeed, been there, done that, and similar tricks. This plug-in is MUCH easier.

this plug in seems better especially in your hands.

Not sure I deserve much credit. There's just the one slider to adjust. In this particular case, outdoor, direct sun, there was a big difference between the nose and the other shiny areas, so I ran it twice, with different settings, and used a mask to apply the different amounts.

I like that Imadio plug in.  I had contemplated a more extensive plug in set
for portraits but generally do everything by hand in PS.  The suite I had
looked into 5 years ago is gone.

I have ON1 Portrait 10. They dropped this product when they launched ON1 RAW, promising to return it as a free update to RAW. I don't know if that happened, as I didn't update to RAW 2018.

It does a pretty good job of making portraits attractive. Using Shine alone, it's 100% setting isn't quite as nice on the face as a whole as ShineOff @ 50%, but not bad. I couldn't find a way to extend the face boundary rectangle, so his neck remains unaffected. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Shine%20Off/_A003923crShineOff.htm>

Matte Moose