Re: [OM] OT – Flood Fail

Subject: Re: [OM] OT – Flood Fail
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 14:39:57 +0100
:-)  Yes, it would be worth a fortune except that . . .

. . . I removed the first two letters of the number plate, John, in the
interests of restricting personal information on the Web.

It died within about 3 seconds of the bow wave developing; I didn’t think that
I was going that fast, but then I had gone through the same puddle around 30
minutes before.  I had not realised that during the intervening period the
downpour had continued over our village and that two streets had become rivers,
each of which filled the pool at the confluence where the culverts were blocked.

55mpg on small gallons looks pretty good to me.  I’ll not get better than
around 40mpg on the bigger gallon with my X3.

Chris