Re: [OM] Adrift

Subject: Re: [OM] Adrift
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 08:43:01 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     That may have been a British family, the Robertsons, who were stove in by
Orcas back in 1971.  They survived for 37 days in a 9ft dinghy until a Japanese
fishing boat rescued them.

     There have been many books about people being set adrift for long periods
of time.  There was "The Raft", by Robert Trumbull, about three American Navy
aviators who drifted in the South Pacific for a month.  An amazing account is
that of a Mexican shark fisherman who drifted for 438 days across the Pacific.
It's chronicled in the book "438 Days: An Extraordinary True Story of Survival
at Sea" by Jonathan Franklin.

>addendum:
>
>I actually have a copy of the other book called "Adrift".  Wasn't he
>stove in an orca attack? And I was thinking near the Galapagos ??  Could
>be thinking of another book. My library is taking over the house.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson